Earlier this year we started a Runner’s Guide travel series on our blog and we can’t wait to resume that series later this year. For now, we wanted to offer you our Runner’s Guide to Staying Home. We know right now many of you are looking for a way to stay in shape at home. Our team has crowd-sourced the best things to do while staying home from our readers, followers, and fans and wanted to share all of them with you in hopes of inspiring you to keep going, doing, and living even while staying home.
Working out at home can be easy when you have the right equipment, starting with your socks. Plus, it's a great excuse to get out of your PJs and get dressed for the day.
- Feetures Elite Max Cushion No Show Tab
- Rhone Mako Short for Men - The guys on our team swear by these shorts, they all bought multiple pairs.
- Vuori Daily Legging for Women - Live in leggings for WFH and Workouts
Whether you are just getting started running or are looking for ways to fight boredom on your daily run, there are so many options to stay motivated and keep things interesting. Start by checking out our previous blog post on 3 Running Workouts to do While Social Distancing.
Apps and Programs Our Followers Love:
- Open Fit - Live stream workout classes, meal-plans, and most workouts only take 30 minutes
- Peloton App - Not just for those with a Peloton bike. Peloton instructors are super motivating and there are workouts for any type of athlete.
- Beachbody - Follower favorite using multiple programs and nutrition
- Garmin - Track your running, cycling, and other workouts with a Garmin and the app for Garmin users
- Strava - Free app you can download on your phone and track your distance, plus Strava challenges and segments keep you motivated. You can also link this to your Garmin.
You might not be able to meet up with your normal run group right now but listening to a podcast on a run or walk is the next best thing. Here are some of our fan favorites to play on your next solo outing. Here are some of the top podcast our followers recommended
- Inside Running Podcast
- Ginger Runner
- The Morning Shakeout
- Marathon Training Academy
- Pace the Nation
- Running for Real
Other Favorite Ways to Stay Motivated:
We all know that we need some extra motivation now more than ever. Things are different but by focusing on what you can control you can stay on track with your fitness and wellness goals
- Sign up for the Social Distance Virtual 5k
- Check out your local running store’s Instagram or Facebook page to join a virtual scavenger hunt or other fitness challenge
- Get some new running gear at your favorite local running store via online or curbside pick up
- Incorporating a 30 day yoga or strength challenge in addition to your running routine
- Virtual group fitness classes
- FaceTime your running buddies
- Focus on what you can control
- Read a running or wellness related book
- Plan a future run-cation
- Check out our Runner’s Guide to Portland and Runner’s Guide to Austin
- Check out some of our other popular blog posts including “This is How We Resist”, “Should You Rotate Your Running Shoes”, and “The Trick to Acclimating to Heat”
We know there are lots of creative ways you are staying healthy while staying home. Please share in the comments below what else you are doing to keep going, doing, and living.