Whether you are an experienced runner or just getting started it's important to add stretching to your weekly workout routine. We asked our Inventory Planner who happens to be a certified yoga instructor, Tarra Ashton, to show us the 5 best yoga moves for runners. These are moves anyone can incorporate to their stretching routine at home.
Recently, Tarra also took us through a 30 minute yoga for runner's practice that you can do from home. You can find the video on our Instagram page, it's a great way to get in a post run stretch or do on a rest and recovery day.
Here are her top picks for yoga poses to use in your post run stretch.
1. Reclining Pigeon Pose - For a great hip opener, lay on your back, knees bent parallel to ground, cross right ankle over the left knee. Repeat on the other side.
2. Low Lunge with Side Body Stretch - Step the right foot forwards, drop the left knee to the ground and untuck your back toes. Plant your right hand down and reach overhead with your left while gazing under the left armpit. Repeat on the other side.
3. Revolved Side Angle – Step the right foot forwards, come high on the back toes, plant the left hand down and reach the right to the sky for a deep twist across the chest. Repeat on the other side.
4. Side to Side Lunges - Keeping both heels on the mat, bend your right knee and straighten the left. Repeat on the other side.
5. Modified Side Angle - Keep your right toes facing forwards, bend the right knee and press through the other blade of the left. Bring the right forearm to thigh and reach the left towards the sky.
Tarra Ashton is a certified Yoga Instructor. She's worked for Feetures for 2 years and in her free time she teaches several yoga classes a week. You can follow her food and fitness adventures on Instagram @QCYogi.Foodie.
As with any exercise, we recommend consulting a physician before starting any new exercise program.
If possible, please add some information about how long to hold each pose and how many times to go through the sequence. I’d appreciate it. Thank you!
Who can I work online ?,please
Leave a comment