Summer is almost here! Are your feet ready to face the heat? You might spend much of the season wearing flip-flops and slip-ons, but you still need high-quality socks to make the most of your favorite outdoor activities, like running, hiking, golfing, and more. Knowing what style of socks to wear this time of year is another important consideration. Find all the information you need in this guide to summer socks for every activity.
Best Sock Styles for Summer
Hot summer weather typically calls for low-cut socks that don’t trap heat against your skin. While you can always wear crew socks or knee-highs as a fashion statement, here are the three most popular sock styles for summer:
- No-show socks rest below the ankle to effectively hide inside your shoe, making them perfect for everyday use. Just make sure the no-show socks you choose have Heel Hugger technology to keep them from slipping inside your shoes.
- Ankle socks land slightly higher than traditional no-show socks. The no-show tab variety is the most popular and versatile ankle sock style. Anti-slip tabs sit just below the ankle to protect against rubbing and blisters, making them ideal for people who love being active in the summertime.
- Quarter socks have a 3-inch cuff that lands right above the ball of the ankle. These are a great choice if you’re looking for a bit more coverage.
Best Socks for Different Activities
If you live an active lifestyle, you need socks that work as hard as you do. Consider what to look for in the best socks for different summertime activities:
- The best running socks are comfortable, densely knit, and moisture-wicking. The goal is to keep your feet cool and dry while avoiding chafing and irritation.
- The best hiking socks support your feet with light cushioning and targeted compression. If you like hiking in rugged conditions, taller mini crew or crew socks may be important to protect your legs. A seamless toe is also critical to preventing blisters.
- The best golf socks feature thick cushioning and moisture-wicking fibers to keep your feet drier for longer. A snug fit also prevents bunching as you make your way across the green.
- The best cycling socks are made of ultra-light fibers to ensure your feet can breathe inside your tight-fitting biking shoes. Higher-length socks come in handy for temperature regulation and ankle protection.
- The best tennis socks are highly cushioned to ensure comfort while playing this high-impact game. Still, a light, breathable fabric keeps your feet cool and dry, even during the longest of rallies.
- The best casual summer socks help you look and feel your best while going about your daily business. Look for light, thin, low-cut socks with targeted compression for impressive arch support even when not wearing shoes.
Best Sock Features for Summer Weather
Now that you know different sock styles and performance options, the final step is to find summer-weather socks that deliver all the qualities you’re looking for. Premium products from Feetures are designed to suit every summer activity and lifestyle, whether leisurely or active. No matter what cut or collection you choose, expect to see these advanced features:
- Zone-specific compression for support where you need it most
- Anatomical design that conforms to the left and right foot for a custom-like fit
- Moisture-wicking fibers made of synthetic and natural materials to keep your feet cool and dry
- Seamless toe to prevent irritation and blisters
- High-density knitting for optimal comfort, flexibility, and durability